Pinewood Derby Weights, By Pinewood Pro | Tungsten Weights 3oz, Eight 3/8” Incremental Cylinders to Optimize the Speed of Your Car, Helps Make the Fastest Derby Cars
- •HIGH DENSITY, LESS SPACE- Tungsten is 1.7x denser and smaller than lead. It is 2.7 denser than zinc making it about 1/3 the size of zinc! This allows you to pack the most amount of weight in a small area to give more inertia producing more speed at the finish line
- •EASILY TUNE FOR MAX SPEED- Multiple sizes make precise tuning of your Pinewood Derby car easier.
- •HIDE WEIGHTS OR SHOW THEM OFF- Cover the weight holes with wood filler, sand smooth, and paint, keeping your speed secret safe. Alternatively have them stick out the back looking like real exhaust pipes
- •EASY INSTALL- Cylinders are 3/8″ diameter (standard drill bit size) With chamfered edges, these cylinders will slide easily into your drill holes
- •SAFE- Tungsten is child-safe, non-toxic for safe handling. No sharp edges.
Tungsten is the best weight for your pinewood derby car because it allows you to pack more weight in a smaller area giving you more flexibility in your car design and more accurate weight placement for speed.
- Package contains eight 3/8″ diameter cylinders with chamfored edges for easy insertion. The four .5oz cylinders are .44″ long, two .3oz cylinders are .27″ long and two .2oz cylinders are .18″ long.
- The variable weights allow you more accurate weighting of your car.
- Drill a standard 3/8″ holes in your car, insert the weights you need and cover the hole with wood putty so your weights are hidden in the car.
- Total weight of the 8 cylinders is 3 ounces.
(Note to metallurgists: These cylinders are Class 3 tungsten, 95% pure. It is an alloy of 95% pure tungsten, 5% nickel and iron.)
With this package of incremental weights you will be on your way to a fast pinewood derby car.
List Price: $ 21.95
Price: $ 17.75
Reprint Please Indicate: Power Drill Drivers » Pinewood Derby Weights, By Pinewood Pro | Tungsten Weights 3oz, Eight 3/8” Incremental Cylinders to Optimize the Speed of Your Car, Helps Make the Fastest Derby Cars